CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

hi! its me. the long lost book club. remember?.....bueller, bueller...?

hello friends

it appears to me that our book club has shriveled and died.
but i bet some of you have still been reading.
so lets hear about it.
what have you been reading during our 'break'?
who wants to jump back on the band wagon?

for me
Treasure Island -R L Stevenson
Hondo -Louis Lamour
A Wrinkle in Time (yeah i just barely got around it) - Madeleine L'Engle
The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baroness Emmuska Orczy
still mid read- Parenting with Love and Logic
next in line- Atlas Shrugged- Ayn Rand

5 remarks, observations, opinions:

KristenE. said...

hey friends! still reading--
Inside out - maria snyder
outside in - maria snyder
i capture the castle - dodie smith
Thousand pieces of gold - ruthanne mccunn
cutting for stone - abraham verghese
***i HIGHLY recommend this one. it is so good. twins, war, Ethiopia, nuns mysteriously pregnant with twins-- finding out who the dad is and how. its great!

what are all of you gals reading?! i need a new book :)

KristenE. said...

echo! im reading parenting with love and logic too! i think it is awesome. how do you like it?

Stephanie said...

My Name is Asher Lev again for my class

and currently Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which is great fun but I never get a chance to read much lately for fun

OH!

and The Crucible for my class as well....

Jill Smith and I ran into each other in the library yesterday and she mentioned she wanted to do a book club and I told her we sorta had one already and she wants to join!

I just picked up The Gift of Asher Lev to read for fun because I love My Name is Asher Lev so much I had to know what happens next. The end.

Rach said...

Oh friends,
HOw i want to be like you. Each time I pick up ANY book I feel this pull..by a little arm that needs me, or a YELL "MOMMMMYYYY!!" I feel that it is so hard lately for me to read. I just love to read the titles of your books & sigh for one day I WILL sit down & read. Right now I am happy if I can get in a few versus from my Book of Mormon..sad I know.

I love you all, YOU Inspire me! Keep ON READING!

liko said...

read 'the other queen' while on this trip, found it randomly at a place we stayed at - it sucked.
working on 'remarkable creatures' (another one i found at a place we stayed on this trip) nearly done but better than the last book i read...nothing really awesome...