CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Crucible

So, I finished the play last night. I saw a few acts of this play in high school and still remember thinking what a powerful play this was even at 16, so I was happy this play was chosen. Arthur Miller is such an awesome playwright. "Death of a Salesman" is one of my favorite plays...again, super powerful. He does an amazing job taking a complex and oftentimes far off situation and creating a real story for all of us to relate to and take away some sort of lesson. We empathize with these characters even though we do not live during their time or have lives anything like their own. So what did you gals think? I am unaware of this "camping" expedition, but I still would love to talk about it, or watch Laurence Olivier's classic performance in this play. Isn't it always crazy how the most "Christian" people are always the most judgmental people? Anyway, loved it. What's up for November?

5 remarks, observations, opinions:

Stephanie said...

Megan- some of us where going to go camping this weekend--- I thought you were part of the mass email I sent an invite too but there are a couple of megans in my address book so maybe one of my megans on the mainland is thinking im crazy right now- HAHA!

Anyway, feel free to jump in if you don't have stuff going on and if you want to come another time we are making this a regular family event but may wait a little depending on how rainy this trip is.

At any rate, I am in the middle of the play and love it as well and Death of a Salesman is also very powerful. The sacrifice Willy Loman makes for his family is sobering. I can't wait to finish this one and have more to say about it.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Cool, Steph! Unfortunantly, I can't go camping...well, Kelii's gotta work, so taking three kids camping solo is not a whole lot of fun! But, still would love to get with you ladies! Happy Halloween!

liko said...

um, still reading, but yes i agree about being judgemental and whatnot...sad, but true. self-righteous, is that a good word to describe it?

october was kinda crazy with halloween, so i wasn't sure what to do about getting together. i feel bad doing it at camp when not everyone will be there. i don't know what's going down in november. thank you for sharing your thoughts, megan!

liko said...

maybe we can meet up to watch the play sometime?? i've never seen it.

Stephanie said...

yes lets do it!