whoever heard of a book club where nobody reads? jk. some people do read and i have read all but one (nerd alert!) so i'm gonna take a leap of faith and say, "come on ladies! let's breathe some life into our little club!!"
let's get all churchy up in here- shall we?
i choose this book: Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley by Virginia H. Pearce (Editor)
i was trying to think what book would be most beneficial to this particular group.
i read it when i was a struggling mom of one and now i'm a wiser-but-still-have-a-lot-to-learn mom of two and i promised myself i would read this book yearly.
you will see what i mean if you pick it up and let it get under your skin, into your heart...etc.
i need it to keep me on track so i'm gonna read it again. you wanna read it too?
if you do then great! i am sure byuh library has it but TRUST ME - it is worth buying, having, quoting and so on and so forth. you could probably pick it up at the bookstore and i am sure half.com has some good deals. oh yeah, check that link out- those are some really good deals. nice.
whatcha think?
Friday, July 31, 2009
is there any point in me posting this? :)
deep thoughts by Stephanie at 10:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 remarks, observations, opinions:
i am all over it.
and yes our book club needs a breathe of life. maybe this one will get people reading again.
i promise i will read this one. and it gives me a good reason to go and buy it!
I think you have made a very wise choice. I will definately take the time to read this one! Excellent suggestion Steph! I can't wait to hear our conversations about this one. And I agree with Liko, a great reason to buy this one. I'm looking it up right now!
totally reading it, and just bought it on half. com for 2 bucks! sweeet!
um, ditto. just bought it on half.com heeeheee!! i'm sooo excited to expand my gospel library!!!
well, "just" being right before midnight. i try to avoid shopping on Sundays...
Ooops, though I said I was going to look it up 2 weeks ago, I didn't actually order it till today. ;-( Better run to the school library this morning to see if I can still find it.
Post a Comment